When will my surgery be?
After your appointment we will schedule your surgery date. In most cases, the date of your surgery is flexible. However, in some cases we may need to schedule your surgery immediately. The surgery center should call you regarding your surgical time. The time is dependent on your level of urgency and operating room availability.
How can I prepare for my surgery?
- Medical Clearance You may have to see your primary care physician (PCP) for pre-operative clearance. You may also have to get lab work and an EKG done. The surgery center may call you to coordinate this, or it may be coordinated through your PCP’s office.
- Fasting and Medications The night before your surgery, please do not eat or drink after midnight. We will discuss which of your medications you are permitted to take with sips of water the morning of your surgery. If you are on a blood thinner, we may ask you to stop taking it before your surgery.
- Directions We will provide you with directions to the hospital and direct you of where to go once you get there.
- Schedule a Driver During surgery, you will be given local anesthetics. Following surgery, you will have a patch on your eye. We ask that you schedule a driver for your safety.
- Surgery Arrival Time The surgery center will contact you regarding arrival time.
What can I expect after my surgery?
After surgery, you will have a patch on your eye and you may have to position your head in a certain way. If you are asked to be in a face-down position, you may find the use of positioning equipment to be helpful. Many times this is covered by insurance. Positioning equipment provider information can be found here
. We will give you a sheet with instructions following your surgery.
The day after your surgery will be your follow up appointment in our office. You will need a driver. We will take off your patch and start you on eye drops in the office. You should also plan on several follow-up visits during the first few months after your surgery to monitor your progress.
Do not hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns – someone is always available and will return your call.
What our Patients are Saying
"I called Dr. Estafanous on a weekend. Although I wasn’t a patient at the time he explained what could be wrong based on my symptoms. He said to call with any changes or if it worsened and to call office on Monday. I was seen first thing Monday and thankfully it was what he thought. The staff were so nice and I felt comfortable with the whole experience. Thank you Dr. Estafanous."
Sheila, December 2021
"She [Dr. Pachydaki] always does an excellent job with my condition and answering questions that I and my wife might have. And she is always willing to show us the test results."
~ Phil, December 2021
"There couldn't be a better place to go if you have eye problems. The Drs and staff are so caring and experienced, and dedicated."
Joyce, December 2021
"I am very happy with the staff here, they are all excellent. Everyone is very knowledgeable, professional and I see people working together. I was pretty nervous when I came here for the first time for a new procedure. Sarah explained the process very well, and in terms that I can understand. Everyone's efforts made this much easier to navigate and plan for the next visit."
~ Bob, January 2022