When will my surgery be?
After your appointment we will schedule your surgery date. In most cases, the date of your surgery is flexible. However, in some cases we may need to schedule your surgery immediately. The surgery center should call you regarding your surgical time. The time is dependent on your level of urgency and operating room availability.
How can I prepare for my surgery?
- Medical Clearance You may have to see your primary care physician (PCP) for pre-operative clearance. You may also have to get lab work and an EKG done. The surgery center may call you to coordinate this, or it may be coordinated through your PCP’s office.
- Fasting and Medications The night before your surgery, please do not eat or drink after midnight. We will discuss which of your medications you are permitted to take with sips of water the morning of your surgery. If you are on a blood thinner, we may ask you to stop taking it before your surgery.
- Directions We will provide you with directions to the hospital and direct you of where to go once you get there.
- Schedule a Driver During surgery, you will be given local anesthetics. Following surgery, you will have a patch on your eye. We ask that you schedule a driver for your safety.
- Surgery Arrival Time The surgery center will contact you regarding arrival time.
What can I expect after my surgery?
After surgery, you will have a patch on your eye and you may have to position your head in a certain way. If you are asked to be in a face-down position, you may find the use of positioning equipment to be helpful. Many times this is covered by insurance. Positioning equipment provider information can be found here
. We will give you a sheet with instructions following your surgery.
The day after your surgery will be your follow up appointment in our office. You will need a driver. We will take off your patch and start you on eye drops in the office. You should also plan on several follow-up visits during the first few months after your surgery to monitor your progress.
Do not hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns – someone is always available and will return your call.
What our Patients are Saying
“This was my 1st visit and I couldn't have been more pleased. All 5 staff members I encountered - 2 front desk and 3 techs - were friendly, yet professional. I was very pleased with our encounters, not how most individuals deal with the public. Dr Wenz was personable and quickly put me at ease. After an in-depth exam, he explained his findings to me in terms I could understand. I definitely feel confident in his assessment of my eye condition and look forward to his continued care.”
~ Marcia, March 2023
"I cannot thank Dr Pachadki and the staff at the Mentor office enough! Dr Pachydaki scheduled me in for an immediate emergency exam and follow up in an un-believable timely and caring matter. The front desk helped me work thru an unforeseen insurance issue and Rachel M processed me in as a new patient while putting me at ease. I am fortunate that my doctor referred me to this team of dedicated caring people in my time of need! …..Thanks to all!!!!"
~ Joel, March 2023
"Dr. Conti is professional, knowledgeable, and kind. He never rushes my appointments. He explains my condition and reviews all options of treatment. I totally trust his recommendations. He has a caring spirit and is vested in my positive outcomes. I have turned down appointments with other doctors at his office. No one compares to Dr. Conti’s professionalism, caring attitude and efficiency. Thank you, Dr. Conti."
~ Linda, March 2023
"[Dr. Wyszynski] He is truly very knowledgeable and an a expert in his field. I would highly recommend him for any Retinal eye issues. He is kind, takes time to explain procedures and doesn't mind if his patients have questions."
~ Sandra, March 2023