When will my surgery be?
After your appointment we will schedule your surgery date. In most cases, the date of your surgery is flexible. However, in some cases we may need to schedule your surgery immediately. The surgery center should call you regarding your surgical time. The time is dependent on your level of urgency and operating room availability.
How can I prepare for my surgery?
- Medical Clearance You may have to see your primary care physician (PCP) for pre-operative clearance. You may also have to get lab work and an EKG done. The surgery center may call you to coordinate this, or it may be coordinated through your PCP’s office.
- Fasting and Medications The night before your surgery, please do not eat or drink after midnight. We will discuss which of your medications you are permitted to take with sips of water the morning of your surgery. If you are on a blood thinner, we may ask you to stop taking it before your surgery.
- Directions We will provide you with directions to the hospital and direct you of where to go once you get there.
- Schedule a Driver During surgery, you will be given local anesthetics. Following surgery, you will have a patch on your eye. We ask that you schedule a driver for your safety.
- Surgery Arrival Time The surgery center will contact you regarding arrival time.
What can I expect after my surgery?
After surgery, you will have a patch on your eye and you may have to position your head in a certain way. If you are asked to be in a face-down position, you may find the use of positioning equipment to be helpful. Many times this is covered by insurance. Positioning equipment provider information can be found here
. We will give you a sheet with instructions following your surgery.
The day after your surgery will be your follow up appointment in our office. You will need a driver. We will take off your patch and start you on eye drops in the office. You should also plan on several follow-up visits during the first few months after your surgery to monitor your progress.
Do not hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns – someone is always available and will return your call.
What our Patients are Saying
Our Success Story
"Very personable group of Physicians and staff! Would highly recommend this group to anyone needing expertise to treat macular degeneration or any retinal care."
~ Lori Schmitt, Sept. 2019
"Dr. Conti and his staff are wonderful! My husband has macular degenerative decease in his left eye. Dr. Conti gave him shots and his vision actually improved which we feel is a miracle. He just did a procedure to remove a massive hemorrhage that blocked his sight. Now my husband is getting back his vision. Dr. Conti is warm, kind, listens, explains simply, is patient, experienced and professional. He has a great staff who treat patients with kindness and respect. His office is over-flowing with people who I’m sure would all agree with my comments. Thank You Dr. Conti!"
~ Mike & Jan Giba, August 2019
"Able to make appt same day for an eye problem. From scheduling to check out staff and Dr W could not have been more professional, courteous, and polite. Thank you and it`s 5 stars from me."
~ Pat Calvert, July 2019
"Was well pleased with doctors and staff and well pleased with the results of my eye problem."
~ Donald Lee, May 2019