Vitreo-Retinal Consultants, Inc. is a private practice ophthalmology group of fellowship-trained retinal specialists. We provide state-of-the-art retinal care for diseases which include Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular Degeneration and Retinal Detachment. Our physicians are available for consultations and emergencies.
Vitreo-Retinal Consultants, Inc. (VRC) is looking to expand its staff in the Mentor office, which is located in the Newell Creek Medical Building: 8140 Norton Parkway, Suite 230. We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team. The RN will perform a variety of clinical and administrative activities as the nurse to assist the Clinical Director, physicians and practice overall. The RN is responsible for maintaining and overseeing the physician surgery schedule for their office. This position is responsible for the oversight of the daily clinical operations of the assigned VRC office and other locations as needed. Responsibility includes being a reference and/or guide for the Senior Ophthalmic Technicians/Trainers when it comes to maintaining VRC’s Ophthalmic Technician Training Program for all clinical employees including new hires. Seamlessly cross-covers other clinical and administrative positions as needed. Helps to maintain the overall efficiency of the clinic and office. Promotes an atmosphere conducive to teamwork and a high level of patient satisfaction. Helps to maintain the overall efficiency of the clinic and office.
• Perform patient work ups according to type of patient visit. Professionally interview patient and document patient’s chief complaint, elements of history of present illness, review of systems, current medications, and appropriate past, family and social history. Accurately perform and document in electronic medical record the patient’s visual and ocular testing, and blood pressure. Check and record patient’s intraocular pressure with tonopen. Perform refractions on post-op patients as necessary. If appropriate, instill dilating drops, utilizing proper eye drop technique.
• Maintain patient flow through work-up, exam, and procedure rooms in a manner that facilitates physician efficiency. Escort patients as they move about the office, offering limited assistance to patients with mobility problems, wheelchairs. Staff members are NOT to lift patients but may offer physical assistance only when reasonably confident that assistance can be given without injury to the patient or the staff member.
• Prepare patient and exam room for exam and/or procedure, utilizing proper sterile technique as appropriate.
• Assist physicians during exam. Record physician’s findings in chart (paper or electronic) as appropriate. Write (or send electronically) prescriptions as indicated by physician. Review medication instructions, positioning requirements, etc., answer questions for patient as appropriate.
• Perform Special Testing on patients as needed (visual fields, ultrasonography, ocular coherence tomography, electrophysiology, PHP)
• Open/close rooms – make sure all equipment is properly cleaned, and supplies are stocked and prepared. Maintain cleanliness of all clinical areas throughout the day.
• Answer/return patient phone calls as appropriate. All patient phone messages must be answered by the end of each day.
• Order room supplies (Kleenex, tonopen covers, etc.) via established procedures.
• Perform general office tasks as assigned/as needed (ie., filing, answer/ transfer phones, process letters, make new patient charts, prep surgery packets, register patients, schedule and confirm patient appointments, etc.)
• Perform any other duties needed to ensure the smooth flow of work/patients in the office.
• Travel to all VRC office locations and outreach locations
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Communicate with patients, family members, physicians, co-workers, and the public in a respectful, helpful and courteous manner at all times.
• Maintain patient and practice confidentiality at all times, communicating sensitive information only to those who should, by nature of their job/authority, receive it.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all physicians, co-workers, patients, and the public.
• Follow the VRC Standards of Conduct and the VRC Corporate Compliance Program at all times. Conduct all actions with regard to VRC patient care and business in a legal and ethical manner.